Friday, June 5, 2009

Dreams are not for whimps!

"Take a look at yourself in the mirror.
Who do you see looking back?
Is it the person you want to be?

Or is there someone else you were meant to be?
The person you should have been, but fell short of?

Is someone telling you, you can't or you wont?
Cause you can!

Believe that love is out there.
Believe that dreams come true everyday. Because they do.

Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money, or fame, or power.
Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family. And from the quiet nobility of leading a good life.

Believe that dreams come true everyday. Because they do.

Believe that dreams come true everyday. Because they do.

So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy. Because you deserve to be. Believe that!

And believe that dreams comes true everyday. Because they do!" ~OTH season 6 finale


I've always been labeled a hopeless romantic. Since high school, people have been telling me this. But then, and especially now, I'm not so sure. Do I like romance? Of course! But I'm too practical to be labeled "hopeless." My commonsense has kept me safe thus far from the pain romance often brings. I may be sheltering myself, true, but I still believe this is for the best.

To me, it's saner to jump out of an airplane then it is to allow yourself to fall in love. Because at least with one you have a parachute. The other can leave you broken and bleeding on the pavement.

I am definitely and adventurer. I love to do the unexpected and the dangerous. I love Peace Corps for many reasons, but also because it feeds the independent adventurer within. I look forward to tattoos, sky diving and driving really, really fast. But falling in love? That is an adventure I've kept myself from having.

It's not that I don't want to fall in love, or to be loved. I just don't think it's possible. I've seen what "love" does to people. I never want to surrender myself completely to another person only to be betrayed in the end. I grew up with that love and I've come close enough to that kind of love as an adult to scare the living daylights out of me!

But, I also believe that dreams do come true. Just not in the way that we may have expected. So, it is my attitude to continue to secretly dream and to have no expectations. Not lower them, but to cease having them. No expectations leaves little room for disappointment.

So I continue to dream and to wait for love. I wait for the man who's strong enough to capture my heart. Because if he can, I can promise him, he'd have me forever. But I expect an equal trade. I'd settle for nothing less! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment