Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dumaguete City

Wow, I just read the previous post and I saw all the errors. Sorry about that. I was very distracted while typing that one.

Just wanted to let you all know that I know where I'll be for the next 3 months...until November 9. I will be in Dumaguete City located on the island of Negros. It is the most beautiful city in all the Philippines, so I'm told. It is a college town, so they have everything...all amenities, beautiful beaches, wealthy families (yay host family!) and indoor flushing toilets. YES! The city is nicknamed The City of Gentle People. I'm so excited. Apparently I got the deluxe site because of my knee surgery three years ago. I had no idea that day would guarantee me the best placement available. But it did!     I meet my host family tomorrow about 11 am. We'll eat together at a host potluck and then go to our individual homes. I'm excited but also very nervous. I hope they like me! :-)

Facts: The island of Negros is approximately located down south, but not where the terrorists are. I'd tell you more but everyone is standing next to me yelling "Jess, Jess" because I'm just so damn popular here.  Gotta go. Don't know when I'll be back again. But when I am, oh man. It's gunna be interesting. Later bloggers.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment