Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm HEEEERRREE!

Kumusta from the Philippines! I'm just outside of Manila in a beautiful "resort" where the water is one temperature: cold, the cockroaches are your friends and fish is whats for breakfast. It's perfect. I love it here. I'm sitting under a shady tree with my fellow PCT (trainies), who are all wonderful by the way, listening to the waterfall and the exotic birds. Friday was the longest day of my life. We were in the lobby at 3:45 and left LA at 8:30 am. We landed in Honalulu for a very short time and then made the 10 hour flight to Manila. We landed at 4:45 pm, made it to the "hotel" around 7ish and made it to bed by 10. Now it is 8 am and we begin our day in about a half an hour. Everything is so beautiful, you guys. I can't even begin to tell you how great it is here. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm here safely and having the time of my life. Oh, one thing I need to write for legal reasons: ehm... "The views represented in this blog do not reflect that of the US Peace Corps." Alright, off to work. Later all! Babay!

More to Follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment